Why did you choose to join the MSMVCD Board of Trustees? / Why is the mission of mosquito and vector control important to you?
I have seen the devastation that is caused by mosquito and vector borne diseases.
What is your relevant expertise?
I have spent my career working in the insurance business, focused on the operations side of State Farm Insurance. The last twelve years at State Farm, I worked on public policy, media relations, community outreach and legislative issues.
- AA degree from Santa Rosa Junior College
- BA degree from Sonoma State University
- LOMA Certification from the Fellow of the Life Management Institute
List of service clubs you belong to (if any):
Over my career, I have served on many city, county, community and non-profit boards and committees including, but not limited to:
- Goodwill Industries of the Redwood Empire – Board of Directors
- Mosquito Research Foundation – Board of Directors
- Corporate Council – State Conference of NAACP
- Santa Rosa Chamber of Commerce – Government Review Committee
- Alliance of North Bay Chambers of Commerce – Board of Directors
- Rohnert Park Chamber of Commerce
- Cotati Chamber of Commerce
- Sonoma State University – Ambassador for Higher Education
- Sonoma County Business Education Round Table – past president of Board of Directors
- Insurance Information Network of California – past president of Board of Directors – member of IINC Communications Committee
List of other city/town/county boards or committees you serve on:
- Mosquito and Vector Control Association of California, Trustee Council member
- Vector Control Joint Powers Association, Board Member